Of course, with any good aspect of life, comes the unpleasantness. While some receive positive acclaim because of their choice of garment, on the opposite side of the spectrum comes those who do not dress that well or in an odd manner and are accordingly chastised or questioned in regards to their choices. When I consider those with awful or wierd taste in fashion, what kind of blogger would I be if I did not mention Lady Gaga? When considering celebrities on the worst-dressed list, Lady Gaga always seems to mind. In an interview, she says: "I’d never give up my wigs and hats for anything. You see legendary people taking out their trash. I think it’s destroying show business." She holds the belief that the world is a stage and stars have to live up to their image for fans. So, does she dress in her manner solely to maintain the image and focus of the public? (And yet many criticize while still looking on with amazement at the outlandishness before them). Are negative opinions made on the basis of a subliminal psychological self protesting against noncomformity. Some do admire conformity and thus accept Lady Gaga's outfits and enjoy viewing them. (I mean note the title of the video "Lady Gaga's 40 hottest outfits.) Diveristy and differences essentially lie at the very core of fashion in a sense; that is but one component of the interesting phenomena of fashion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment