Monday, May 10, 2010

Final Blog

Part #1-What kind of mind are you? Give Proof
I am a disciplined mind in that I usually think in the one similar way each time I do or analyze something and I work steadily over time to improve skill and understanding. I always tend to build upon given or personal knowledge in order to form a new conclusion. This is where I am a bit of a synthesizing mind; I am the disciplined mind in that my way of thinking is the synthesizing mind. For example, in my blog, I have disparate sources. I included articles from the New York Times and the L.A. Times attempting to supplement my own analysis by providing further examples for my point for the post or by supporting my claim with that of someone with an established ethos, or at times simply to make things interesting and relate able to the reader. I also included videos from YouTube and lyrics from songs (edited somewhat for length and explicit content), as well as quotes from renowned celebrities, designers, and others influenced by fashion in some way; all supported my previous points and set the blog up for future points to elaborate upon, and were completely applicable potential answers to my big question that I could possibly use. Pictures on the side bar helped to constantly emphasize the glamour and attention the fashion industry received and how the world can tend to focus its attention on shallow things at times. In a technical sense, I also analyzed economic effects and a competition beyond the bit of a psychological aspect I had previously in an attempt to show how possibly no countries would want one another to completely dominate such a monstrosity of a billion dollar industry and would thus do anything to stay on top. The different aspects all combine together to form a bit of a busy modern crazy show that really reflects the turn of society.

Part#2-Choose three Below and explain how you exemplified each. Within the context of the blog, I: saw other points of view, read with awareness of self and others, and generated hypotheses. I saw other points of view through various articles I chose to comment upon because I had articles criticizing, praising, and analyzing the fashion industry. I also saw some of the intense dedication, hard work, and general perserverance some had or must have in order to be successful in the industry and in general, upon careful consideraton, life as a whole. I read with an awareness of self and others by considering my own point of view as well as the true story of those who most ignore or tend to be a person of malevolence and/or promoting a bad image or illusion within society. I shared little known stories of an influential model, editor, and designer. I considered viewpoints of people from all over the world and also analyzed the aspect of global competition in various facets of business including fashion and the production textiles and such. I generated hypotheses in nearly every one of my posts. My big question, I came to later find out,i s one that cannot truly be defined; rather, it is a matter of personal growth, development and opinion as it deals with the relation of people to themselves in accordance with themselves and those in the surrounding world. So, overall, I just gave several very possible hypotheses throughout my posts, and provided information and other examples to help support, that are applicable to many.

Part#3
-What did I realize, or learn, that surprised me most after developing my blog?
What surprised me me most was that I somewhat enjoyed developing my blog. I generally dislike technology and used to think that the entire blog thing was for people with too much time on their hands. Now, I realize that, in reality, it can be an efficient way to keep in touch with family and friends such as all of the other blogs I have seen such as people who are going to study abroad in the summer and started the blog now to practice and establish it for families and friends to read. In regards to my question, however, I came to realize that the entire fashion industry, and essentially the nature of man, with all of its facets seems to be nothing but a show and a scramble for people to fit in and find their identity of which they are comfortable with in this busy disconnected world also while making connections with others as a result of a good first impression on the basis of fashion or other similar factors as first impressions are highly important. With an increase in technology, one can see an evident increase in promiscuity. People are more free with their ideas in regards to all topics and are more willing now than ever to take risks with fashions in order to fit the above criteria. Fashion also serves as an escape to a seemingly better, albeit shallow, lifestyle. People can imagine themselves as better than ever before as well as imagining themselves in the exotic or glamorous locations in which fashion shows and shoots occur. So overall, I have learned that no human is ever going to be completely satisifed with every single aspect of life. One cannot always get what they want, but they can always get what they need such as fashion providing a way for people to find solace in some conquerable creative yet less absract aspect of life. Throughout my blogging tenure while researching some articles, I also discovered a new hobby-reading the New York Times "Fashion and Style" section. Ordinarily, I find newspapers somewhat boring but reading it on a daily basis proved to be quite interesting. I might expand my horizons further and go towards the world or entertainment section as well; possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment